Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airdrop between my iPhone and MacBook pro not working

I'm trying to airdrop some photos between my iPhone 11 pro (iOS 16.0.3) and MacBook pro (Monterey 12.5.1) Both are my devices. I'm on wifi and they are close together. I can see the other device in Airdrop on each device. When I select and press send, it says "waiting" and never completes the airdrop. Any thoughts? Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:13 PM

Start by updating both your iPhone and your MacBook. If you don't have the option now, try simply restarting both your iPhone and your MacBook.

Since your iPhone and MacBook detect each other in AirDrop and both devices are connected to WiFi - a simple reboot may work. Also note that it may take some time, depending on how many photos you send.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 2:13 PM in response to Melissa Orner

Start by updating both your iPhone and your MacBook. If you don't have the option now, try simply restarting both your iPhone and your MacBook.

Since your iPhone and MacBook detect each other in AirDrop and both devices are connected to WiFi - a simple reboot may work. Also note that it may take some time, depending on how many photos you send.

Airdrop between my iPhone and MacBook pro not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.