Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disconnected wifi with locked phone

What do I do if my phone disconnects from wifi when it is locked out then how to i reset my phone?

iPhone SE, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:40 PM

If you want to do a Factory Reset but are locked out of your iPhone, then put your iPhone in Recovery Mode.

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with cable

2. Press and quickly release Volume Up

3. Press and quickly release Volume Down

4. Press and hold the Power Button until the screen turns off. Release when when you see this screen.

Your iPhone should be connected and you can now choose to do a Factory Reset on your iPhone. If you wish, press Restore on your computer. Please note that this will erase EVERYTHING from your iPhone.

If you have not signed out of your Apple ID and disabled Find My iPhone, your iPhone will be Activation Locked when you turn it on, and you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password before you can set up and use your iPhone again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 2:40 PM in response to ev3929

If you want to do a Factory Reset but are locked out of your iPhone, then put your iPhone in Recovery Mode.

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer with cable

2. Press and quickly release Volume Up

3. Press and quickly release Volume Down

4. Press and hold the Power Button until the screen turns off. Release when when you see this screen.

Your iPhone should be connected and you can now choose to do a Factory Reset on your iPhone. If you wish, press Restore on your computer. Please note that this will erase EVERYTHING from your iPhone.

If you have not signed out of your Apple ID and disabled Find My iPhone, your iPhone will be Activation Locked when you turn it on, and you will be asked to enter your Apple ID password before you can set up and use your iPhone again.

Disconnected wifi with locked phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.