Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air m1 not showing full screen when mirrored on external monitor

I just bought an iPad 5 on the assumption that M1 finally allowed full external monitor support with stage manager. However, when I connect there iPad to the monitor I get either one of two things: I either mirror the iPad, but with the known horizontal bars that we had with the prior chips; or, I get a full, widescreen screen but with no access to any app, in other words, it is like a blank home screen with which I cannot interact. Can anyone explain how to make this work? Thank you!

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 3:14 PM

Ensure that you have updated your iPad to iPadOS 16.2 or later; iPad 16.3.1 is current,

Assuming that you have updated your iPad Air5, have you also enabled Stage Manager from iPad Settings?

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager

When using Stage Manager with a compatible external monitor, you will require both an external keyboard and trackpad/mouse to interact with the full dual screen workspace.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 3:14 PM in response to Felix Leiter

Ensure that you have updated your iPad to iPadOS 16.2 or later; iPad 16.3.1 is current,

Assuming that you have updated your iPad Air5, have you also enabled Stage Manager from iPad Settings?

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager

When using Stage Manager with a compatible external monitor, you will require both an external keyboard and trackpad/mouse to interact with the full dual screen workspace.

iPad Air m1 not showing full screen when mirrored on external monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.