Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are alarms so easy to dismiss/turn off?

Hello,

I'm pretty happy with my watch but I can't count the amount of times I overslept and been late for work because of how easy it is to stop a wake-up alarm on the Apple Watch.

What's the reasoning behind it being so easy to turn off? Why are the two buttons so close to each other?

Why not give safer options like:

• Slide to turn off
  • Long press the side button to turn off

It makes sense that it's easy to snooze, but it's just as easy to turn it off which makes the Apple Watch something I can't fully trust when it comes to waking me up.

Pretty odd for a device so heavily marketed towards sleep tracking etc, no?

Apple needs to understand that people are half asleep when interacting with it - this is obviously the result of someone developing the feature while fully awake, without taking into account the state the user is in when actually using it.

Something like the Power Off slider:

Also this mockup I found on Reddit:

Please please please, give us an option to make it harder to completely turn off the alarm.

Thanks

Apple Watch Series 7, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 12:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 1:59 AM

I learned years ago never to set alarms with a snooze.

Alarm goes off - get up!

You can make suggestions to Apple here

https://apple.com/feedback

Similar questions

7 replies

Feb 15, 2023 2:45 AM in response to LD150

Not setting a snooze means that the only option is to turn it off, which makes it somewhat even riskier? The snooze button is not the problem here - the turn off button is.

Alarm goes off - get up!

Heh, I wish it were that easy! I'm a heavy sleeper so I struggle waking up, like many other people out there :)

That aside, it's very easy to accidentally stop it before you're even awake...

Why are alarms so easy to dismiss/turn off?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.