Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I alternate the pages' numbers (even/odd) with the latest update of Pages?

I already read the previous contents but I'm not finding what I need. I need them to be alligned like a book

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:15 AM

As long as you are in the same section of a Word processing version of a Pages document, you can choose Documents panel : facing pages, and in the Section tab, select Left and right pages are different. On the first page, insert your page number by clicking on the right header or footer section (depending on where you want your page numbers to appear). This will show odd page numbers on the odd pages, but the even pages will remain without page numbers. On page 2, click to insert the page number in the left section of the header or footer and it will show page 2.

You should now have facing pages with alternating page numbers on each side of the respective page (e.g. even on the left and odd on the right).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 6:15 AM in response to shinyuke

As long as you are in the same section of a Word processing version of a Pages document, you can choose Documents panel : facing pages, and in the Section tab, select Left and right pages are different. On the first page, insert your page number by clicking on the right header or footer section (depending on where you want your page numbers to appear). This will show odd page numbers on the odd pages, but the even pages will remain without page numbers. On page 2, click to insert the page number in the left section of the header or footer and it will show page 2.

You should now have facing pages with alternating page numbers on each side of the respective page (e.g. even on the left and odd on the right).

How can I alternate the pages' numbers (even/odd) with the latest update of Pages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.