Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder keeps saying file cannot be found

I repeatedly get a problem when double clicking on a file. The finder says:

""file name" can't be found"

Clicking the file again it magically seems to have found the file which was there already.

I hoped the latest update of Ventura would fix it but it hasn't.

Any ideas?

I am using Ventura 13.1 on an iMacPro

iMac Pro, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:14 AM

macOS 13.1 is not the most current. Did you possibly mean 13.2.1? If not, update to macOS 13.2.1, and try again.

If you are running 13.2.1…

Do you have any add-on anti-malware, or add-on cleaners, or add-on security apps? If so, remove all of that per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

Also see if the following clears this: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Colin Walton

macOS 13.1 is not the most current. Did you possibly mean 13.2.1? If not, update to macOS 13.2.1, and try again.

If you are running 13.2.1…

Do you have any add-on anti-malware, or add-on cleaners, or add-on security apps? If so, remove all of that per the vendors’ instructions, restart, and try again.

Also see if the following clears this: Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Finder keeps saying file cannot be found

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.