Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Health app not properly tracking Active Energy

Hello,

I'm experiencing difficulty with my Health App, specifically the tracking of Active Energy. My total active energy is not including all my data from workouts, even though the data is being properly imported elsewhere.

Yesterday, I completed an indoor ride on my trainer. I tracked the ride using Strava. The data was imported automatically from Strava into my Health App (all read and write permissions enabled). This information was picked up in my Fitness app (I closed my rings), and was also picked up in my Workouts section of Health (a workout of 1.5hrs is shown). However, when I go to Active Energy, the daily total is not including the calaries accumulated during my workout - all I see are the calories logged by my Apple Watch throughout the day.

What's strange is that when I go into All Recorded Data, there is an input from Strava for the ~1,000 calories from the workout, but this is not reflected in the total from the day. I was wearing my Apple Watch for the duration of the workout, but it was not recording a workout - it was just on my wrist. It recorded several smaller calorie values during the time of my workout, but it wasn't getting the full values. For some reason the watch didn't appear to be tracking the same information (it may have been locked while I was riding on the trainer as I had just gotten up). Would the locked watch perhaps be the culprit?

Wondering why, even though the total calories show up in my Move ring in Fitness, the time of the workout (and it's associated calories) show up in the Workouts tab, but for some reason the calories aren't accounted for in the Active Energy tab. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 9

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:15 AM

I just started experimenting with the order of the data. If I place Strava above my Apple Watch, my daily total updates and is correct. If I place the watch first, then it ignores the Strava data. Wondering why this might be the case?

Similar questions

1 reply

Health app not properly tracking Active Energy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.