Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Parent turned off Family Purchase Sharing but my Ask to Buy is still on. How do we fix it?

So my mother turned off our family purchase sharing so that I could buy things without needing permission, but my phone still asks every time I try to buy something. We have checked multiple times but it doesn’t turn off for some reason. Is there a way we can fix this?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 11:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 11:36 AM

Ask To Buy and Purchase Sharing are separate things. Turning off purchase sharing, just means you no longer have access to purchases made by other people in the family group, nor they have access to your purchases.

Ask To buy has nothing to do with this, and must be turned off independently of Purchase Sharing.

follow the steps here ➜ How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 11:36 AM in response to kxitlyn_arnold

Ask To Buy and Purchase Sharing are separate things. Turning off purchase sharing, just means you no longer have access to purchases made by other people in the family group, nor they have access to your purchases.

Ask To buy has nothing to do with this, and must be turned off independently of Purchase Sharing.

follow the steps here ➜ How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy - Apple Support

My Parent turned off Family Purchase Sharing but my Ask to Buy is still on. How do we fix it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.