Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone else's Apple ID

Hi - I'm trying to update one of my programs that I purchased on my Apple ID account, but it has another person's Apple ID in there and there is no way to change it. I definitely purchased it with my own Apple ID. I have tried logging out and in again on App Store and iTunes but I'm having the same problem. It's a random coworkers' ID so I have no idea how it got onto my account. Please help!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.7

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 7:06 PM

Once an app is purchased or originally downloaded with one ID it is permanently associated with that ID. If the app you see has a co-worker's ID on it then maybe you lent your device to the co-worker and they deleted your copy and downloaded their own copy?

Note that it is also possible for a person to sign into the App Store with a separate ID, so even if you didn't sign out of the device netirely, if you lent it to a co-worker it may have gotten on that way.

Anyway, whatever happened (I'm going to stop guessing here), if it is under another person's name and you want it under yours, delete the app entirely and download it under your ID.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 15, 2023 7:06 PM in response to naynev

Once an app is purchased or originally downloaded with one ID it is permanently associated with that ID. If the app you see has a co-worker's ID on it then maybe you lent your device to the co-worker and they deleted your copy and downloaded their own copy?

Note that it is also possible for a person to sign into the App Store with a separate ID, so even if you didn't sign out of the device netirely, if you lent it to a co-worker it may have gotten on that way.

Anyway, whatever happened (I'm going to stop guessing here), if it is under another person's name and you want it under yours, delete the app entirely and download it under your ID.

Someone else's Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.