Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch won’t hard reset

What does it mean when an Apple Watch will not even do a hard reset? When I try to do one it just shows the red lightning bolt/cable icons a couple times. I have tried everything. Even bought a new charger to rule that out (because it won’t charge either, which is what started all of this).

The watch is less than 1 year old, could it be the battery already?

Any ideas appreciated thanks!

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 6:28 PM

Hello,

If you have already confirmed it, you may not need it, but for your reference,

Restart your Apple Watch - Apple Support

https://www.makeuseof.com/reasons-charger-isnt-charging-phone/

If you have confirmed it, you may be able to get an expert to answer if you write it.

Good luck,

Regards,

14 replies

Feb 15, 2023 6:50 PM in response to rierikaflower2023

Yeah no great thanks. I have indeed confirmed all that but good stuff nonetheless! I went BACK through the steps again anyway - just in case. No matter what I press all I ever get is the stupid red lightning bolt with cable icons! EXCEPT when I first put it on the NEW charger I DO get the GREEN bolt/cable icons. However no matter how long I charge it, it won’t hold. I get red again!! 😮🤬

So am I doomed to call or (hopefully) chat with Apple support?

Feb 15, 2023 8:49 PM in response to babowa

Hello,

“Thank you for your feedback on this matter as it is currently being investigated by our concerned teams and they will get back to us shortly.”

•Did you recognize the need to change to another way of saying it?

•We think it would be better to explain it in an easier way.

•If somebody need to delete it, somebody can delete it.

Anyway, do your best!

Sincerely,

Apple Watch won’t hard reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.