Apple Watch won't force reset

The watch has a very low charge, only a red lighting bolt and the time displays. When I put it on a charge the lighting bolt turns green but not a large lighting bolt and a circle display only a small lighting bolt no circle and the time. I tried to power off the watch but no display power slide shows. I tried to force reset but only the red lighting bolt and time is displayed. The watch will not charge and can not be shut off.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 9

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 8:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2023 8:20 PM

See the 'Power Reserve in watchOS 8 and earlier' section in:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and also see:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2023 8:20 PM in response to Return2IT

See the 'Power Reserve in watchOS 8 and earlier' section in:

Check your battery and charge your Apple Watch - Apple Support

and also see:

If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on - Apple Support

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Jul 27, 2023 6:47 PM in response to Return2IT

Ok, apparently when the watch is in the power reserve mode, you can't shut down the watch. When you connect the watch to charge, the large lighting bolt and circle don't display. A small lighting bolt and the time is still displays and the watch is charging. You will not see a circle around the lighting bolt until it charges for a few minutes. Problem solved

Apple Watch won't force reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.