Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't remove photos that are not duplicates from duplicate album

I have had photos that are duplicates or near duplicates and easily merged them. However, now I have quite a few photos that are not duplicates but I cannot clear out the album. Is there a way to remove those photos that aren't duplicates? I can't find a way, and I don't mean delete them. Just remove them from the duplicates album without merging.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 9:55 AM

One way to remove a pair of duplicates from the Duplicates album is to edit one of the photos slighly. This will cause a new scan for duplicates for this image, and it will be gone from the duplicates.

8 replies

Feb 16, 2023 8:19 AM in response to WilsonCLT

I am also finding this frustrating. I have pictures that look much the same to Photos, but they are different for me and I want to keep them. As far as I can tell, there's no solution. I have left feedback for Apple requesting a way to address this, and you could, too, at:

Feedback - Photos - Apple

I also have some cases where there are 3 pictures that look alike, and I'd like to merge 2 of them (not the 3rd). At least I can to do this manually...

Feb 16, 2023 12:25 PM in response to léonie

I increased warmth by 1 (pretty much un-detectable) and copied the edit. I was then able to paste the edit onto many others at once by command clicking one in each pair. Pretty quick.

I had a group of three duplicates-- 2 of them should be merged, but the other should be kept. I pasted the edit onto that one and it disappeared leaving me the other two to merge. Cool.

Can't remove photos that are not duplicates from duplicate album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.