Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disable iPad Stage Manager

How do I permanently disable Stage Manager on my iPad? I already shut it off in SETTINGS and Control Center. It still annoyingly pops up when plugging the iPad into a HDMI port on my TV.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 8:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 5:41 AM

While you can turn-off Stage Manager in iPad Settings or from the Control Centre, this feature cannot be completely disabled.

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager > Use Stage Manager on iPad - set to OFF

For iPad models that support Stage Manager for external displays, when connecting to an external display you will always have the ability to easily enable the windowed Stage Manager environment.

Apple do invite submission of feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 5:41 AM in response to kevinfrommedicallake

While you can turn-off Stage Manager in iPad Settings or from the Control Centre, this feature cannot be completely disabled.

Settings > Home Screen & Multitasking > Stage Manager > Use Stage Manager on iPad - set to OFF

For iPad models that support Stage Manager for external displays, when connecting to an external display you will always have the ability to easily enable the windowed Stage Manager environment.

Apple do invite submission of feature requests via its Product Feedback portal. For iPad and iPadOS:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

Feb 15, 2023 9:17 PM in response to kevinfrommedicallake

kevinfrommedicallake Said:

"Disable iPad Stage Manager: Thank you for your response. Unfortunately the Apple instruction do not work, hence my repeated frustration with Stage Manager."

-------

You are welcome.

Disabling Stage Manager on an iPad:

1. Go to: Settings
  2. Tap: Home Screen & Multitasking
  3. Tap: Stage Manager
  4. Tap: Use Stage Manager on iPad (so that it is keyed out).

Disable iPad Stage Manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.