Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recently purchased song won't play.

A single track on a recently purchased album from iTunes won't play because "This computer is not authorized to play it". But the rest of the album plays fine, yet iTunes prompts me to reauthorize my computer with my login info, so I do, but it still won't play. It tells me the computer already had authority. What gives?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 15, 2023 9:53 PM

You got a bad download. Delete and redownload the song which won't play; if you get told that you'll be charged again, click here and ask the iTunes Store staff for assistance.

(234737)

2 replies

Feb 15, 2023 10:12 PM in response to Destroynobot

Destroynobot Said:

"Recently purchased song won't play.: A single track on a recently purchased album from iTunes won't play because 'This computer is not authorized to play it'. But the rest of the album plays fine, yet iTunes prompts me to reauthorize my computer with my login info, so I do, but it still won't play. It tells me the computer already had authority. What gives?"

-------

Troubleshooting Apple Music:

A. Single Out this Device:

Does this occur on other devices? Or just this device?

B. Restart your PC:

Having just authorized the device, restart the PC.

Recently purchased song won't play.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.