Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 3 won’t update or pair issue

Currently have an Apple watch series that wouldn’t update or pair with an iPhone since it gave an error that stated “can’t update watch you are not connected to the internet” and tried multitudes of ways the community have stated to fix it. I was frustrated but used an old iphone with an older ios that I had previously used with my watch. I then paired the two which didn’t need an update since their software were around their own times. Paired it and had it working with the old iphone, made sure it was internet connected for some internet up-to-date updates. Then unpaired it and then begun the process with my new phone, then I was actually able to update it. Hope that helps a lot of you guys with the same issue

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 7:50 AM

By “internet connected for some internet up-to-date updates” I refer to the older phone passing on the information of the current date to the watch and where it’s software is at in this current time to let it know to accept potential new updates when paired to a newer phone. I suspect this update issue is rather an issue of the watch being not used in quite a long time so it is unaware of any new updates and has the information of last time it was used with internet connection.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 7:50 AM in response to DefaltUser

By “internet connected for some internet up-to-date updates” I refer to the older phone passing on the information of the current date to the watch and where it’s software is at in this current time to let it know to accept potential new updates when paired to a newer phone. I suspect this update issue is rather an issue of the watch being not used in quite a long time so it is unaware of any new updates and has the information of last time it was used with internet connection.

Apple Watch Series 3 won’t update or pair issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.