Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cannot get my wife’s Apple Watch 38 mm to update

my wife’s 38 mm Apple Watch will not update. I can get it to pair to her phone but when we try to do the update it claims we are not hooked to the Internet but that is not true. I have done the factory reset on the watch and I have unpaired it from the phone and start it over from scratch I get the same results. The screen says it needs an update, but the update will not happen. Due to claiming we are not hooked to the Internet, but the Internet is hooked and strong. Possibly is this Apple Watch just too old? Her phone is a iPhone 11 Pro Max.

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 1:53 PM

What series watch is it? FWIW a lot of people have had trouble updating a series 3 watch. A series 1 or 2 is even worse. With the limited memory in these watches, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

See the replies to:

Series 3 Apple Watch Setup Fails At Updat… - Apple Community

Apple Watch 3 is stuck on preparing updat… - Apple Community

For your specific case, see:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 1:53 PM in response to adolfZie

What series watch is it? FWIW a lot of people have had trouble updating a series 3 watch. A series 1 or 2 is even worse. With the limited memory in these watches, your best option may be to make an appointment at the Genius Bar in an Apple Store near you and let them look at it:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

See the replies to:

Series 3 Apple Watch Setup Fails At Updat… - Apple Community

Apple Watch 3 is stuck on preparing updat… - Apple Community

For your specific case, see:

If you see 'Unable to Verify Update' when updating Apple Watch - Apple Support

I cannot get my wife’s Apple Watch 38 mm to update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.