Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam message from do_not_reply@itunes.com ?

I received an email saying "There is a problem with your payment information".

The payment system I have set up is working perfectly well and I don't understand why I have this email from <do_not_reply@itunes.com> Is this a scam?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 11.6

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 5:33 AM

Apple doesn't email about that kind of thing. Almost always it is a notification popping up when you try to sign inor use a service.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 5:33 AM in response to FiBCN

Apple doesn't email about that kind of thing. Almost always it is a notification popping up when you try to sign inor use a service.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

Scam message from do_not_reply@itunes.com ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.