Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not set up Find-My notifications on my child's devices

I was hoping an Apple Watch would be a safe tool to use in case my child wanders off from school or elsewhere, but there is way too much pending on a child's ability to cooperate with approval-notifications.

I tried to set FindMy/People/arrival/departure notifications, but the applications says, "Pending Request," and that my child will have to approve it. Then, when I look at my child's device (Apple Watch), it says, "no notifications." I have it set up on downtime during the day, plus schooltime during school hours.

Is there no way for a parent to set this up?

If the child has to approve it each time, then it is a rather useless feature, especially with a special-needs child.

Apple Watch SE

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:32 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Feb 17, 2023 2:34 PM in response to AppleCursed

Hello AppleCursed,

We understand you want to know if there is a way to set up Find My on your son's phone. We're here to help with that.

There is an article that does provide steps on how to set up Find people and share your location with Find My. Below are some of the steps to follow to being the process.

Share with people

1. Open the Find My app and select the People tab.
  2. Tap the Add button .

Share your location with a friend in Find My on iPhone

3. Select Share My Location.

4. Enter the name or phone number of the person that you want to share your location with.

5. Select Send.

6. Choose to share your location for One Hour, Until End of Day, or Share Indefinitely.

When you share your location with someone, they have the option to share their location back.

Find people and share your location with Find My - Apple Support

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Can not set up Find-My notifications on my child's devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.