Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change Pages to offer the opportunity to change the file type without exporting it first?

I have been using Pages for many years. When I need to send a document by email or text to someone with a Word format I simply clique share and then I am given an option to choose the choose the file type. After choosing Word I am able to send it to someone who can open it.

Now my new update for Pages does not give me this option. I have to export it then save the file and finally pull in the document to an email or text. It clutters my computer and requires too many steps.

How do I change Pages to offer the opportunity to change the file type with out exporting it first?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 7:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 8:33 AM

Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura has eliminated all means of translating a Pages document to Word and automatically attaching it to an outgoing email. There are two options now.

1. Choose File menu > Export To > Word and save it to disk. Then manually drag it onto a Mail compose window as an attachment. There is no changing the file type without the Export option.
    1. For PDF, you would use File menu > Print… > PDF > Send in Mail.
  2. Follow the instructions in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254343603 to create a Shortcut application that prompts you for the export document format choice and then automatically attaches that translated document to an outgoing email. This simulates the now missing Send A Copy functionality.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 8:33 AM in response to kiraluke1011

Pages v12.2.1 on macOS Ventura has eliminated all means of translating a Pages document to Word and automatically attaching it to an outgoing email. There are two options now.

1. Choose File menu > Export To > Word and save it to disk. Then manually drag it onto a Mail compose window as an attachment. There is no changing the file type without the Export option.
    1. For PDF, you would use File menu > Print… > PDF > Send in Mail.
  2. Follow the instructions in https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254343603 to create a Shortcut application that prompts you for the export document format choice and then automatically attaches that translated document to an outgoing email. This simulates the now missing Send A Copy functionality.

How do I change Pages to offer the opportunity to change the file type without exporting it first?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.