Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ask to buy wont turn off

I recently set up family sharing for myself and my kids. I turned on the ask to buy function with the assumption it would only ask to buy if the app costs money, not everytime they try to get a free app.

I then turned it off again completely, but the kids still have to ask for permission now.

It is most definitely turned off under family sharing, I even tried to turn it back on and off again, we have restarted all devices, and still even though its off, any app download now needs to be approved by my device.

Any idea now to get around this?

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 11:21 AM

Hi Nuddle,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you turned off Ask to Buy and it's not working, here's a step that may be useful:

Update the iPhones in question to rule out the older software: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you need further support, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 11:21 AM in response to Nuddle

Hi Nuddle,

Thank you for participating in the Apple Support Communities. If you turned off Ask to Buy and it's not working, here's a step that may be useful:

Update the iPhones in question to rule out the older software: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If you need further support, reach out to Apple Support here: Contact - Official Apple Support

Have a great day.

Ask to buy wont turn off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.