Newsroom Update

Updates to the Home experience elevate entertainment and bring more convenience. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

home sharing on TV app using IOS 16.3.1 failed to connect

I have share media on my mac mini m1. I have 2 identical ipad mini 5. One is on iOS 16.3, the other on iOS 16.3.1 Running TV app, home sharing, it works on the ipad with iOS 16.3, but fails on the one runnning 16.3.1. I get an error failed to connect. Seems like a bug with iOS 16.3.1

Anyone else have this problem and/or a solution other than reverting to iOS 16.3?

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 11:57 AM

DUh. I found the problem. Did not give local network acccess. For other people with this problem, here is the solution:

Go to Settings, Privacy and Security, local network. Turn on access to those apps that require access to your local network to work.

Similar questions

3 replies

Mar 7, 2023 8:49 AM in response to whodiini2

I have 3 ipads. After the update of the two newest ipads to IOS 16.3.1, keynote presentations would not transmit via the lightning connecter through an HDMI cable to a TV monitor. Unfortunately this was discovered when I attempted an offsite presentation not connected to the internet. After returning home and connected to the internet I turned the ipad off and back on and then went to keynote at which point the software triggered a patch download that corrected the problem. Hope this helps. The older ipad never had the problem. It is an update issue.

home sharing on TV app using IOS 16.3.1 failed to connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.