Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using previous Hide My Email address with a new recipient

If I have signed up for a website with Hide My Email, how do I get that to be the return address if I need to email that site or organization? For example, I use HME to sign up for a credit card site. If I need to email technical support or customer support, I want to keep using the same address. But I can't get that previous address to show up when I compose an email, it only gives me the option to create a new HME address.

iPad Air, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 12:39 PM

When you choose a "HME" option, this does not change your account info that the company sees. All it does is hide your true email from their automated email servers. (Yes, that explanation is oversimplified.)

However, all emails addressed to any "HME" that arrive at that company's address, will be forwarded to your actual email account.

If you are communicating in a thread, by responding to direct emails, the company employee will know it's you.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Here's a link to help as well.

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 16, 2023 12:39 PM in response to BeachBlanketRingo

When you choose a "HME" option, this does not change your account info that the company sees. All it does is hide your true email from their automated email servers. (Yes, that explanation is oversimplified.)

However, all emails addressed to any "HME" that arrive at that company's address, will be forwarded to your actual email account.

If you are communicating in a thread, by responding to direct emails, the company employee will know it's you.

Hope this clarifies the situation.

Here's a link to help as well.

What is Hide My Email? - Apple Support

Using previous Hide My Email address with a new recipient

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.