Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i change the email address so its the same as my apple id?

i have a google email address (ending in @gmail.com) as my apple id because i use that account literally EVERYWHERE. but somehow my email address on the "name, phone numbers, email" page (in icloud in settings) is an icloud address (ending in @icloud.com). On the mail app, the icloud email is the main account, but it is no use to me because i don't receive any emails from that account. it's set as my primary inbox and my actual email is secondary. when i try to edit the "reachable at" section in settings, it says that it is an alias to my apple id. i don't need an alias and i don't see how it helps me in any way. How do i change my email address in the "reachable at" section so that my apple id is my main email?

ps: i know i can just leave the alias email alone, like it's not doing anything, it's just there. but it bothers the heck out of my OCD

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jun 3, 2020 11:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 4, 2020 12:44 AM

update: after like 3 hours of going through the internet, i kinda found a solution.

• if anyone else is having this issue, i found a way to get rid of the icloud inbox. so i had mail turned on for icloud (settings>your name>icloud>mail) and you should have that OFF, so i turned it off. i found out that if your apple id does not end in @icloud.com or any of the apple related email endings, you need to create an icloud email to access mail. after i turned it off, unfortunately, the alias email did not disappear from the "reachable at" section, but at least it wasn't the primary inbox anymore.
  • this is how you can then get your other email (gmail, yahoo, outlook etc.) on the mail app: settings> passwords & accounts> add account> choose whatever platform you use> sign in. after you sign in, it should show up under the "accounts" section and make sure mail is turned on.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 4, 2020 12:44 AM in response to a.zulfi_

update: after like 3 hours of going through the internet, i kinda found a solution.

• if anyone else is having this issue, i found a way to get rid of the icloud inbox. so i had mail turned on for icloud (settings>your name>icloud>mail) and you should have that OFF, so i turned it off. i found out that if your apple id does not end in @icloud.com or any of the apple related email endings, you need to create an icloud email to access mail. after i turned it off, unfortunately, the alias email did not disappear from the "reachable at" section, but at least it wasn't the primary inbox anymore.
  • this is how you can then get your other email (gmail, yahoo, outlook etc.) on the mail app: settings> passwords & accounts> add account> choose whatever platform you use> sign in. after you sign in, it should show up under the "accounts" section and make sure mail is turned on.

how do i change the email address so its the same as my apple id?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.