Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to OS Ventura, our computers in our network can no longer connect

Since upgrading to OS Ventura, our computers in our network can no longer connect with one another. They show up in the locations tab but when you click on them they load indefinitely and then produce an error saying that the volume isnt there. Before Ventura, we were able to connect via SMB just fine, and it sounds like a lot of other people are having this problem too.

What really bothers me is that there is no official response from apple and no easy way to revert back to the previous version. Very Disappointing.

We need help with this soon. We are using flash and external drives to pass large files back and fourth.

iMac Pro

Posted on Feb 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Similar questions

17 replies

Feb 17, 2023 9:09 AM in response to kpmelocoton

okay I tried it in terminal but got the following response:

% $ xattr /Volumes/NAME\ OF\ DRIVE

com.apple.FinderInfo

com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags

purgeable-drecs-fixed               

zsh: command not found: $

zsh: command not found: com.apple.FinderInfo

zsh: command not found: com.apple.metadata:_kMDItemUserTags

zsh: command not found: purgeable-drecs-fixed

Feb 18, 2023 6:58 AM in response to kpmelocoton

Tried what you said and it did not work but i may have been doing it wrong.

But then did this and sharing is now working:

rename computer

turn file sharing off/on with a reboot

cleared the recent server list in the Go menu in Finder

I had tried those first two items many times without success but clearing the recent server list did the trick. Hoping it will last....

Feb 18, 2023 11:52 PM in response to Austin_iform

The only thing that worked for me was wiping the drive and starting over. As soon as I was up and running File Sharing worked perfectly. I then migrated from a Time Machine backup and it broke File Sharing again so some file that gets backed up is likely corrupt. I wiped the drive again and migrated from another Mac and everything works fine.

Since upgrading to OS Ventura, our computers in our network can no longer connect

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.