Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do I find my recovery key?

I’m currently trying to unlock my original Apple ID but I no longer have access to the original phone number nor the same phone. I have never been able to find a recovery key and I really just need to change my password. I currently have an iPhone X, iPhone 11, and my newest iPhone 14 Pro Max and the newest I made a new Apple ID. Help please teach me how to get back into my Account so I can change my password and delete these older phones.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 6:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 6:07 AM

The recovery key is a number and it is wherever you made note of it.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- See the document for how to generate a key. Apple mobile devices and Macs only.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 6:07 AM in response to AppleiD-PWh0rr0r

The recovery key is a number and it is wherever you made note of it.

- When you generate a recovery key, you can't use account recovery.

- "Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

- See the document for how to generate a key. Apple mobile devices and Macs only.

Where do I find my recovery key?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.