Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music Based Podcast

Can I use music from my Apple Music library for a podcast if I have a subscription? In effect, without copyright/royalty concern.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:32 AM

No. The music is copyright, and just as when buying a CD you purchase the right to listen to it but not to copy it, or 'broadcast' it. In any case you will find that Apple Music tracks can't be copied - they have technical protection. Tney can't even be copied to another device, only downloaded to it so for example not to iPods except the Touch).

There is music you can use: just Google 'podcast free music'.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 8:32 AM in response to Podcasters

No. The music is copyright, and just as when buying a CD you purchase the right to listen to it but not to copy it, or 'broadcast' it. In any case you will find that Apple Music tracks can't be copied - they have technical protection. Tney can't even be copied to another device, only downloaded to it so for example not to iPods except the Touch).

There is music you can use: just Google 'podcast free music'.

Music Based Podcast

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.