Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Two Apple TV on separate locations, only the cam in the same network is visible, not the remote cam.

Dear Community,

I have the following setup.

Two locations, each location has an Apple TV and a HomeKit camera. All devices are up to date (tvOS 16.3)

All Devices are registered and connected to one account.

The issue:

On each Apple TV I can see the camera in the same network. But I would also like to see the camera on the remote network/ on the other location.

I can only see the other location camera stream on my mobile devices.

Do I miss anything. Do you have any solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 8:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 10:13 AM

Verify that have two separate homes defined in the Home app, with devices assigned to specific rooms in each of these HomeKit homes. Then you should be able to select which camera you want wherever you are.

About the Home app and HomeKit - Apple

Home app - App Store preview - Apple

Intro to Home on iPhone - Apple Support

Set up HomeKit Secure Video on all your devices - iCloud - Apple Support

Set up security cameras in Home on iPhone - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 10:13 AM in response to TelevisionBoy

Verify that have two separate homes defined in the Home app, with devices assigned to specific rooms in each of these HomeKit homes. Then you should be able to select which camera you want wherever you are.

About the Home app and HomeKit - Apple

Home app - App Store preview - Apple

Intro to Home on iPhone - Apple Support

Set up HomeKit Secure Video on all your devices - iCloud - Apple Support

Set up security cameras in Home on iPhone - Apple Support

Mar 7, 2023 5:04 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Thanks Urquhart1244 for your reply.

I was just able to test it a couple of days ago. Unfortunately its still not working as expected.

I have setup two separate homes, each one has one room. To that room I have added the devices, one apple tv and one camera.

As a result I was able to see the camera stream on a mobile device. Thats fine. I can see the camera on the Apple TV.

But if I try to open the camera stream on an apple tv it's telling me 'no response'.

I have removed one of the hubs, but that is not helping and I still get no response on Apple TV.

Anything else I could have missed during the setup process?

One setup option I see and I can not change is, that for the cameras stream and record is activated. But I would like to have only Streaming. Could that be an issue? becasue the iCloud account is just a standard one, not the iCLoud+.

Thanks and regards,

Brian

Two Apple TV on separate locations, only the cam in the same network is visible, not the remote cam.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.