Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone with iOS 16.3.1

My iPhone with iOS 16.3.1 has an auto-lock of 2 minutes, I want at least 3 or in some cases ‘never’. What can be done?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 9:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 9:52 AM

Go to Settings ➜ Display & Brightness ➜ Auto Lock and set it to something else from there. You have options from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and "Never".

If you have no option for Never, then you may have a corporate Exchange email account or profile applying restrictions and disabling lock out options for your device. Check with your company's IT department in that case.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 9:52 AM in response to martina51

Go to Settings ➜ Display & Brightness ➜ Auto Lock and set it to something else from there. You have options from 30 seconds to 5 minutes and "Never".

If you have no option for Never, then you may have a corporate Exchange email account or profile applying restrictions and disabling lock out options for your device. Check with your company's IT department in that case.

Feb 17, 2023 10:00 AM in response to martina51

You can change the Auto-Lock time in:

Settings > Screen & Brightness > Auto-Lock.

You can also ask Siri to open the Auto-Lock menu, just say "Hey Siri, Open Auto Lock" if you want it to go a little faster. You can also create a Shortcut that you can place in the Widget Menu or on your Home Screen.

How to make a Shortcut for Auto Lock:

1. Open the Shortcut app

2. Press "+" in the upper right corner.

3. Press "Add Action"

4. Search for "URL"

5. In the URL field, paste this: prefs:root=DISPLAY&path=AUTOLOCK

6. Tap in the bottom line "Search for apps and actions"

7. Search for "Open URLs", and tap.

8. Give your shortcut a name, icon and color.

9. Tap the small "x" in the top right corner. Done.

Now you can add that widget on your home screen if you want.

My iPhone with iOS 16.3.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.