Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating Apple ID

I am asked by my Apple Mac (MacOS Ventura) to update the Apple ID but after signing in with the password for Apple ID, you are asked to sign in with the password to unlock. When I do that I see this:

Am I doing something wrong?

Vincent van Kleef

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

iPhone 14, 16

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 1:12 PM

Hello VinnyM8,

We recommend taking the steps listed in the following user guide to ensure that your Mac is correctly signed in with your Apple ID. If the the behavior persists you may be able to sign out then in to resolve the notification issue: Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

"Sign in with your Apple ID

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sign in with your Apple ID at the top of the sidebar.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password, then follow the onscreen instructions."

Regards.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 19, 2023 1:12 PM in response to VinnyM8

Hello VinnyM8,

We recommend taking the steps listed in the following user guide to ensure that your Mac is correctly signed in with your Apple ID. If the the behavior persists you may be able to sign out then in to resolve the notification issue: Sign in or out of your Apple ID on Mac - Apple Support

"Sign in with your Apple ID

1. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, then click Sign in with your Apple ID at the top of the sidebar.
  2. Enter your Apple ID and password, then follow the onscreen instructions."

Regards.

Updating Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.