Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Convert a pdf to a image with command Line on Ventura

Hi everybody,

Previously i’m using sips to convert a pdf to a image but since i was installing ventura it wasn’t working…

% sips -s format jpeg -s formatOptions 100 ./___temp.pdf --out ./___temp.jpg --debug 

./___temp.pdf

assert: src_image=0 [/AppleInternal/Library/BuildRoots/9e200cfa-7d96-11ed-886f-a23c4f261b56/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/sips/ImageProcessing.m, line 875]

Error: Cannot extract image from file.

./___temp.jpg

Error 13: an unknown error occurred

Try 'sips --help' for help using this tool

the same on monterey is working…

thanks for your help

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 12:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2023 7:54 PM

Has anyone found a solution for the issue: I'm also running in to the same on 13.3.

Similar questions

6 replies

Feb 18, 2023 9:14 AM in response to cédricfromparis

Oh, so you're creating a FM app to do whatever and convert a PDF. Wish I could help more. I use FM 16 but for personal and more simple endeavors, i.e. track medical expenses and other deductible expenses. I've used it since the late 80s. But it's priced way out of my league now and when FMP 16 is no longer supported by macOS I'll have to go back to paper and pencil. 🤮

Convert a pdf to a image with command Line on Ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.