Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod2 Apple logo flashes on/off

I've done a complete restore (4.2.x)the progress bars finish and finder says that the restore is complete and to wait for the iPod to appear in the sidebar, but it never does and the Apple logo continues to flash. If the battery is dead will an ipod2 still boot and function when powered by the usb 2.0 ports?

iPod Touch (2nd Gen)

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 12:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 3:32 PM

Hello! Welcome to the community.

A simple solution to charge your iPod would to be plugging it in with the Factory Charger. If you don’t have that, try a different one. As long as it fits it should work perfectly, if this is not the case please do let me know.

Once you are positive this is the issue then try force restarting your iPod along with your Mac/Computer. If this doesn’t work, please let me know right away and I will tell you a solution!

Take care!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 17, 2023 3:32 PM in response to fredd33

Hello! Welcome to the community.

A simple solution to charge your iPod would to be plugging it in with the Factory Charger. If you don’t have that, try a different one. As long as it fits it should work perfectly, if this is not the case please do let me know.

Once you are positive this is the issue then try force restarting your iPod along with your Mac/Computer. If this doesn’t work, please let me know right away and I will tell you a solution!

Take care!

ipod2 Apple logo flashes on/off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.