Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t connect to my wifi.

I can’t connect to my wifi network on my iPad 2. I thought if I deleted my wifi network from my iPad2, and put it back in, maybe that would do it. But ‘delete this network’ doesn’t come up when I touch the ‘i’ next to my network. My iPad doesn’t recognize my Apple ID or my wifi password. AND I DELETED my iPad2 from my phone and don’t remember how to add it back in to my phone.

iPad 2

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 7:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 17, 2023 7:51 PM

If your iPhone or iPad won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network, or if you have related connectivity issues, read this support article --> If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

5 replies

Feb 17, 2023 10:23 PM in response to Judinan

Also, I’m not clear on something - you said your network is still showing up but that the iPad doesn’t “recognize your wifi network name.” Also, once you remove a device from iCloud account, that device is normally wiped the next time it’s online. I had this issue before with a phone I lost, and according to Apple, the carrier, everyone I talked to, that phone was just dead to me from then on. It had activation lock because I forgot to sign out of anything before removing it. And you can’t fix activation lock without the original purchaser if I remember right. I had to finally go to one of those $200 services on eBay to get it unlocked.

Feb 18, 2023 3:29 PM in response to a_r_kitekt

Sorry for the delay- thanks so much for trying to help. I can connect to a HOTSPOT…it SHOWS I am connected to WiFi. BUT, when I try to open a page, it asks for verification- and or my password. But since the iPad does not recognize either, I can’t go any further.

since I couldn’t connect to the network, I deleted the device from my iPhone. I thought that would delete the network name from my list on the iPad. It didn’t (I think because that network is locked. It has a picture of a lock next to it).

All the other devices in the house are connected to the router, just not the iPad. 2 TVs and 2 iPhones.

I can’t connect to my wifi.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.