The audio on Hulu is no longer working on my iPad.

The audio on Hulu is no longer working on my iPad. The video plays, but no sound. Sometimes I can download the TV show and then it works. Other times, it does not. Every other streaming app works just fine.

Please note this is a 3rd generation Ipad pro 11 inch with wifi only. That model is not listed.

Hulu is no help at all. They want me reinstall the app, restart the ipad, etc. I've done that multiple times.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 6:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2023 8:06 PM

I’ve had this problem too. It’s definitely a bug in the app, though Hulu seems insistent on not acknowledging the problem. The fix I’ve found is watching Hulu via a browser (Safari has consistently worked for me) rather than through the app.

10 replies

Feb 19, 2023 5:34 PM in response to SteveShapiro

Greetings SteveShapiro,

If the audio is no longer working on Hulu, try the following steps:

1. Close, then open the app.
  2. Restart your iPad.
  3. Check for updates.
  4. Delete Hulu and reinstall it.

You can find more in-depth steps here: If an app on your iPhone or iPad stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Should the issue continue, you'd want to contact Hulu for help with their app. https://help.hulu.com/s/

Best wishes.

Apr 1, 2023 9:45 PM in response to SteveShapiro

Hi! This has happened, is happening to me. I have an iPad 8th Gen with iOS version 16.4z

I am using my Bluetooth AirPod pros to listen.

The ONLY solution I’ve found (sometimes) is when I’m playing the show, I mess with the Airplay settings.

(It looks like a rectangle with a triangle on the bottom.)

I rotate from “ipad” to the “Airpods” while I simultaneously press the volume up/down buttons.

I know this sounds complicated lol but I really wanted to watch Tell Me Lies.

Also, hulu does not like VPN’s or anything that uses the “VPN” toggle within the iPad.

I truly hope this helps you or someone else!!!

-Sheena

The audio on Hulu is no longer working on my iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.