Hulu audio issues

I have no sound on my Hulu app. I have deleted and reinstall the app still the same it just happened two days ago. Is there any solution out there?

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 11:51 AM

I've been experimenting and, after closing the Hulu app, after successfully watching a show and then opening it and selecting another, once again I had no sound. This also worked to get sound on the iPad working again:

Connected a pair of bluetooth headphones. Sound was not working via the headphones either. Rather than switch sound output or disconnecting the headphones via the iPad I powered the headphones off.

Similar to powering off the TV - the show on the iPad paused (as expected) and when I then hit the play button I had sound again.

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2023 11:51 AM in response to justin.gengo

I've been experimenting and, after closing the Hulu app, after successfully watching a show and then opening it and selecting another, once again I had no sound. This also worked to get sound on the iPad working again:

Connected a pair of bluetooth headphones. Sound was not working via the headphones either. Rather than switch sound output or disconnecting the headphones via the iPad I powered the headphones off.

Similar to powering off the TV - the show on the iPad paused (as expected) and when I then hit the play button I had sound again.

Feb 13, 2023 10:04 AM in response to Pasnipe

I also have this issue and may have found a workaround.

I have a Samsung TV with Airplay streaming built in. When I connect to the TV and play from Hulu I have sound.

When I switch back to the iPad - no sound again.

BUT: I found that if I stream to the TV and then turn the TV off via the TV remote, Hulu switches back to the iPad, paused, and when I then hit play on the iPad - I have sound again!

Hulu audio issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.