Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received an email about full storage on iCloud but I have space

I just received an email saying that my iCloud storage is full but my i-phone shows that I have 3.7 GB of 5 GB used. Is this email legitimate?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 2:01 PM

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

When in doubt, try to check the service directly with Apple using an interface you know is talking to Apple, not by any link in an email. Click on this link to read how to 'Manage your iCloud storage' --> Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support - including seeing how much storage you have

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 2:01 PM in response to Mililaniman

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. Here are some guidelines:

Identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store - Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

When in doubt, try to check the service directly with Apple using an interface you know is talking to Apple, not by any link in an email. Click on this link to read how to 'Manage your iCloud storage' --> Manage your iCloud storage - Apple Support - including seeing how much storage you have

I received an email about full storage on iCloud but I have space

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.