Hello, I received an email telling me the my iCloud was getting full and that I could get another 50GB free as a loyal customer. Is this true or was it spam?

This email asked to click on a link to get more storage.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2023 6:43 AM

It is a scam. Note the first line that says "Insert your credit card details for validation of your Apple ID", that is a red flag. For more information on recognizing these phishing attempts and reporting them, look here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 2, 2023 6:43 AM in response to RosaMariaASmith

It is a scam. Note the first line that says "Insert your credit card details for validation of your Apple ID", that is a red flag. For more information on recognizing these phishing attempts and reporting them, look here:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Hello, I received an email telling me the my iCloud was getting full and that I could get another 50GB free as a loyal customer. Is this true or was it spam?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.