icloud subscription

I keep getting emails saying that my Icloud is filled and i need to purchase more space or i will lose everything. When i go to my computer it says i am only using about 3/4 of the space. Is this spam or a phishing episode.

Posted on May 23, 2023 8:47 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2023 9:05 AM

It could be either, I think. I recently went above maybe 60% of my iCloud storage for the first time in like 7 years and I got an email inviting me to subscribe to more.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. These support articles have some guidelines:

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash --> Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

If you are uncertain about a message and a resource provided in that message, do not click on any links in the message. Try to independently verify the resource by going to a support page on apple.com and use that to contact Apple or to verify with the service the message is telling you to use.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2023 9:05 AM in response to Cadman4

It could be either, I think. I recently went above maybe 60% of my iCloud storage for the first time in like 7 years and I got an email inviting me to subscribe to more.

Scams (e-mail, text messages, and phone calls) are getting very good at closely imitating true Apple communications. Always be cautious. These support articles have some guidelines:

About identifying legitimate emails from the App Store and iTunes Store --> Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash --> Avoid scams when you use Apple Cash - Apple Support

Apple 'How to identify, avoid, and report phishing' video--> https://youtu.be/SR3Z3fXXjfw

If you are uncertain about a message and a resource provided in that message, do not click on any links in the message. Try to independently verify the resource by going to a support page on apple.com and use that to contact Apple or to verify with the service the message is telling you to use.

icloud subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.