Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My screen is coming off with my screen protector

So i bought my first mac, I tend to protect my electronics a lot, no scratches, so i bought a screen protector, is been over a year. My screen protector needs a replacement without smudges that won’t come off, but it got stuck to my screen, when i pulled it from the corner i see is peeling the black stuff from the screen. Is in the corner, tiny for now, screen works fine, but I am stressing and wondering if I tried it, would peel off the whole thing? Can this be fixed? Or literally would have to replace my whole screen eventually?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 18, 2023 5:32 PM

maberly48 Said:

"My screen is coming off with my screen protector: [...]when i pulled it from the corner i see is peeling the black stuff from the screen. [...]Or literally would have to replace my whole screen eventually?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Why Risk a Damaged Mac?

Condensation is the Culprit: Stop fiddling with this, and get a new screen. On the new screen, keep a screen protector off. It just damages you Mac by condensation be collected over time.

Taking it in for Service:

I most certainly recommend you contact Apple, and take it in to your local Apple store for a Genius Bar Appointment, or take it to your local AASP(Apple Authorized Service Provider). Use these three links:

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 18, 2023 5:32 PM in response to maberly48

maberly48 Said:

"My screen is coming off with my screen protector: [...]when i pulled it from the corner i see is peeling the black stuff from the screen. [...]Or literally would have to replace my whole screen eventually?"

-------

Thank you for the photo.

Why Risk a Damaged Mac?

Condensation is the Culprit: Stop fiddling with this, and get a new screen. On the new screen, keep a screen protector off. It just damages you Mac by condensation be collected over time.

Taking it in for Service:

I most certainly recommend you contact Apple, and take it in to your local Apple store for a Genius Bar Appointment, or take it to your local AASP(Apple Authorized Service Provider). Use these three links:

My screen is coming off with my screen protector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.