Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo, video transfers from iPhone XS to Win 11 desktop unsuccessful.

Connected phone to desktop using the iPhone lightning-USB cable, created a folder on desktop and nominated it to receive the data.

Is a total of about 2600 items on iPhone. Seemed to go well until a series of messages inviting to skip because it couldn't be done. In the end, 1,745 items were transferred.

I now have a mess. It's too hard to sift through them all to figure out what is missing, so I want to do the whole thing again. Is there another way to do it please. I don't want to use my bandwidth to do it because it will use too much data; I just want to transfer via cable from iPhone to desktop.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 12:17 AM

2 replies

Feb 19, 2023 3:48 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thank you. I presume, from the number of files now in that MS Win 11 Photos app, that they have all transferred and none has been missed. This was much quicker and less trouble than the method that I had struggled with. Had I realised to follow your path, I would have saved myself a lot of time and trouble. (Perhaps you could try to get it to appear amongst other Google search results on the topic.)

Very grateful to you.

Photo, video transfers from iPhone XS to Win 11 desktop unsuccessful.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.