Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some threads cannot be Unsubscribed.

Hello ASC members.

I am trying to clean up older and "solved" subscriptions in my ASC profile. But I find that some threads are not removed from the list of my subscriptions after I choose unfollowing. They stay on the list.

I've tried updating, signing out and back in. But they stay.

I think it's a glitch on the page, but I'm not sure if there are rules for when you can unfollow a thread you've participated in?

Anyone else experiencing this?

Another thing. Am I the only one who doesn't receive emails when someone replies in a thread. I only get emails if a post has been awarded with Apple Recommended, Solved and Helpful answers. All functions are activated in my profile.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 11:11 AM

I've dealt with that glitch for quite a while and I have learned to ignore it. Sometimes it disappears (thanks for small miracles) and other times it refuses to. There are so many glitches here that I ignore the less bothersome ones.

Similar questions

9 replies

Feb 19, 2023 10:32 AM in response to Community User

I believe the threads stay in Subscriptions (a less ambiguous name would help here) regardless of whether you follow or not. It would only make them disappear when the "Following" filter is applied but not when the "Participated" or Authored" filters under "Recent Activity" are used:

It is possible you have subscribed to an entire forum section. I accidentally did that once. If the notifications all seem to be from one or two sections, go to that section and look to the right of the Section title for the status of the "Follow' box.

If it says "Following," click it to change to "Follow."

Feb 19, 2023 10:48 AM in response to Allan Jones

Hey Allan Jones, thanks for the advice.

I don't follow any section. I just checked that. I also checked the filters - and the threads I managed to Unfollow have also disappeared from Participated. So they disappear from my profile. The problem is that some of them stay, both in the Participated and Follow section even though they are marked as Unfollow.

I know it is not necessary, but I would like to create an overview of my subscriptions, and right now I have 7 or 8 pages to go through.

Feb 19, 2023 10:58 AM in response to Community User

JS-fromDK wrote:

I have chosen to Unfollow it, as the Author has approved that he has received his answer. But the thread still appears in both the Follow and Participated sections.

It sometimes does that with following, yes. It seems to clear itself eventually, or the thread activity drops off until it doesn’t matter. Participated, however, is forever, until and unless your replies are removed from the thread.

Feb 19, 2023 11:07 AM in response to MrHoffman

I don't understand that about Participated. Because I've unfollowed a whole lot of threads, and they've also disappeared from Participated (When I unfollowed). I have triple checked now. Those that are gone are completely gone. The ones I haven't been able to remove still appear in the Follow and Participated section.

It's just weird that it works on most threads, and then there are some threads it doesn't work on.

Some threads cannot be Unsubscribed.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.