Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification code

I'm trying to link my icloud passwords from my iPhone to my windows 11 laptop. I have got as far as being asked for a verification code but when I request one, nothing happens! If anyone could help I would appreciate it.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Feb 19, 2023 12:09 PM

6 replies

Feb 21, 2023 7:30 AM in response to Oldbeginner2

Hello Oldbeginner2,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with getting a verification code. The steps here show the different ways you can receive one: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

"Use the code displayed on your trusted device

If you have a trusted device running iOS 9 and later, OS X El Capitan and later, iPadOS 13 and later, or watchOS 6 and later, the verification code is displayed automatically on your trusted devices.

1. Sign in with your Apple ID and password on a new device or browser.
  2. Look for a sign in notification on any of your trusted devices.
  3. Map with Buffalo, NY prominently marked on it. The caption indicates that an Apple ID is being used to sign in to an iPhone near Buffalo.

4. Tap Allow to receive your verification code.
  5. Enter the verification code on your other device to complete sign in.

Get a text or phone call

If you don’t have a trusted device handy, you can have a verification code sent to your trusted phone number as a text message or phone call.

1. Click Didn't get a verification code on the sign in screen.
  2. Choose to have the code sent to your trusted phone number.
  3. You'll get a text message or phone call from Apple with your verification code. This text message might include an additional domain validation line. This line includes the @ symbol, the website name, and your code (for example: @icloud.com #123456 %apple.com).
  4. Receive a text message with your verification code and a domain validation line

5. Enter the code on your other device to complete sign in.

Get a code from Settings on your trusted device

If you can’t receive a verification code on your trusted devices automatically, you can get one from Settings, even if your device is offline.

From your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If your device is online:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Password & Security > Get Verification Code.
  3. iPhone screen showing how to get a verification code from Settings.

If your device is offline:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Password & Security. 
  3. A message says "Account Details Unavailable." Tap Get Verification Code.

From your Mac

1. Go to Apple menu  > System Preferences, then click Apple ID.
  2. Click Password & Security > Get Verification Code.
  3. How to get a verification code on a Mac from System Preferences.

If you still can't sign in

If you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.