Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off do not disturb - I can't see that anywhere since I updated my phone.

My Do Not Disturb has turned on. I have gone to Focus, tapped Do Not Disturb, but for the life of me cannot see somewhere to actually turn Do Not Disturb off. This is the first time I have had to do it since I recently upgraded. I have no idea how it turned on, but I cannot see where to turn it off even though I believe I am in the right place (all schedules are turned off). There just isn't a Turn Off option anywhere.

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 4:28 AM

You can turn off Do Not Disturb in the Control Center. Tap the Focus button and disable Do Not Disturb.

• iPhone with FaceID, pull down the Control Center from the top right corner.
  • iPhones with TouchID, pull up the Control Center from the bottom.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 4:28 AM in response to Megabyxus

You can turn off Do Not Disturb in the Control Center. Tap the Focus button and disable Do Not Disturb.

• iPhone with FaceID, pull down the Control Center from the top right corner.
  • iPhones with TouchID, pull up the Control Center from the bottom.

Feb 27, 2023 12:02 PM in response to alphachick

You can still turn it off or on in the Control Center:

Do Not Disturb setup has been made much more flexible, but this has come at the cost of much more complication. To get it working again, do these steps ONCE:

• Tap Settings
  • Tap Focus
  • Tap on any Focus settings that you will never use and remove them (you can add them back later if you change your mind, and even create new, custom ones)
  • Tap Do Not Disturb
  • Tap People
  • Tap Allow Notifications From
  • If anyone is listed who should not call you when DND is on delete them; if you don’t want any calls from anyone, any time, delete all people
  • Tap the dropdown next to Allow Calls From and choose Allowed People Only
  • Optionally, tap on Apps, then Allow Notifications From and don’t add any apps.

All of the above is a one-time setup. After that, turn DND on or off with the Control Center Focus button. You can optionally set one or more schedules by going to:

Settings/Focus/Do Not Disturb/Set a Schedule.

Feb 27, 2023 12:00 PM in response to Megabyxus

do not disturb on iPhone 14 is not working properly and it's messing me up. In my older phones I could just turn it off or on. I don't want to customize or select apps. Strangely when I went in to customize list of apps and people, whether I select allow or silent, it shows the same list. Shouldn't the two lists be mutually exclusive?

Adding "phone" to the allowed app list just allowed notifications for all apps and now I have no way to turn them all off without selecting them app by app. Now I am missing important notifications that I should get.

How do I turn off do not disturb - I can't see that anywhere since I updated my phone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.