Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email blocked senders list

I know this has been asked but I am not finding a way to handle this - how can I copy (not using screen shots) the blocked senders list in Ventura 13.1 Mail. I want to be able to use sub-domain blocking and can create a rule to drive this but I already have a large number of spam-generator accounts. I have found no way to 1) copy my blocked senders from the Mail app; nor, 2) locate where this information is stored so that I might copy (and translate the format as needed). TIA for any insight or help.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 7:02 AM

Reading from that other thread, it looks like the instructions are correct, but you were looking at the WRONG Library folder.

There is /Library

and there is ~/Library

the latter is what you want, it's inside your home folder, and is usually hidden.

The ~ is not a typo, it is to be written, as it is a shortcut to your home directory (in other words, if your username is "me", then ~/Library is equivalent to /Users/me/Library)

If you want to make ~/Library permanently visible, open your home folder in the Finder (Command-Shift-H is the shortcut), then go to View->Show View Options (or press Command-J) and check this box:

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 7:02 AM in response to Hutchil

Reading from that other thread, it looks like the instructions are correct, but you were looking at the WRONG Library folder.

There is /Library

and there is ~/Library

the latter is what you want, it's inside your home folder, and is usually hidden.

The ~ is not a typo, it is to be written, as it is a shortcut to your home directory (in other words, if your username is "me", then ~/Library is equivalent to /Users/me/Library)

If you want to make ~/Library permanently visible, open your home folder in the Finder (Command-Shift-H is the shortcut), then go to View->Show View Options (or press Command-J) and check this box:

Feb 20, 2023 6:51 AM in response to PRP_53

Actually, if you read that thread, you'll see that I replied to the user about his solution. It is one I would like to try; however, I cannot find the referenced .plist on my Mac and have asked specifically on that thread for any help in finding the file. However, I wanted to ask the question again in a broader fashion in case someone has found a reasonable (not screen shooting multiple panels in the Blocked parameters window) solution to this problem. Thanks.

email blocked senders list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.