Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Small cloud and arrow (ICloud???)

Almost all my files have the small cloud and arrow beside them and I can't open any of them. I get a preview but no download. I know it is affiliated with the CLOUD but I have an urgent need to download and can't. Several Google responses simply say to double click because the file is in the cloud and the double click will open it-it doesn't!

Anothe directs me to System Preferences but that refers to APPS. I'm talking FILES!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.2

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:42 PM

Hi roroco1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Just to be sure, did you follow these steps on how to download your files from iCloud Drive on your Mac?

"On your Mac

1. Click iCloud Drive in the sidebar of any Finder window. 
  2. Open the file, or control-click the file, then select Download Now. 
  3. Any changes you make to the file will automatically upload to iCloud Drive when you're back online."

If not, these are the suggested steps on how to download and access your files from iCloud Drive and is outlined in this article: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 3:42 PM in response to roroco1

Hi roroco1,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. Just to be sure, did you follow these steps on how to download your files from iCloud Drive on your Mac?

"On your Mac

1. Click iCloud Drive in the sidebar of any Finder window. 
  2. Open the file, or control-click the file, then select Download Now. 
  3. Any changes you make to the file will automatically upload to iCloud Drive when you're back online."

If not, these are the suggested steps on how to download and access your files from iCloud Drive and is outlined in this article: Access and manage your files in iCloud Drive - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you with an update.

Kind regards.

Mar 16, 2023 6:12 AM in response to roroco1

I don't like to sync all of my documents files to iCloud so I've been using it to sync contacts, calendar etc. but manually loading files I want access to with my phone (user manuals for example). Lately, now running Ventura 13.2.1, I tried to update some of those files by deleting and reloading a directory on icloud and ran into the endless waiting to update arrow cloud. In the process of trying to resolve it I tried to sync the documents and desktop (through settings) and then unsynced the same. Now even with this option unchecked in settings the documents folder is removed but I can't get rid of the desktop in icloud. Ventura 13.2.1 isn't behaving well with iCloud; what is going on here?

Small cloud and arrow (ICloud???)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.