Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my photos from the cloud to a new phone

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 3:15 PM

If your photos are in iCloud Photos, turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone (using the same Apple ID) and the photos will automatically sync with it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If they are not in iCloud Photos but you do have an iCloud Backup, you can setup/restore the entire phone (not just photos) using the backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 3:15 PM in response to randolph230

If your photos are in iCloud Photos, turn on iCloud Photos on the new phone (using the same Apple ID) and the photos will automatically sync with it. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If they are not in iCloud Photos but you do have an iCloud Backup, you can setup/restore the entire phone (not just photos) using the backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support

Feb 20, 2023 4:02 PM in response to randolph230

randolph230 Said:

"How do I get my photos from the cloud to a new phone"

-------

Getting iCloud Photos:

Export All of iCloud:

Perform the following using a computer: Use my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - Apple Support. Once downloaded, search for them through the Search Bar in a new Finder window. Then, move them to your iPhone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.