Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14 pro always on display

I recently bought a iPhone 14 pro and I have a question about the always on feature, will the always in display Cause screen burn in.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 7:31 PM

Always on Display can cause burn in, but it's becoming less of an issue as displays get more resilient and software becomes more advanced.

In the case of the iPhone, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. The iPhone 14 Pro's display has variable refresh rate, going between 1hz and 120hz. In the AOD mode it should be at 1hz, which should reduce strain on the display. In addition to this, the AOD is very dim, which should also reduce burn in. Finally, the screen goes to sleep when the phone thinks it's appropriate. When the phone is lying face down, if you haven't used it in a while, if you've got an apple watch and you leave the phone, etc.

I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 20, 2023 7:31 PM in response to Liy112

Always on Display can cause burn in, but it's becoming less of an issue as displays get more resilient and software becomes more advanced.

In the case of the iPhone, I don't think it'll be much of an issue. The iPhone 14 Pro's display has variable refresh rate, going between 1hz and 120hz. In the AOD mode it should be at 1hz, which should reduce strain on the display. In addition to this, the AOD is very dim, which should also reduce burn in. Finally, the screen goes to sleep when the phone thinks it's appropriate. When the phone is lying face down, if you haven't used it in a while, if you've got an apple watch and you leave the phone, etc.

I wouldn't worry. Hope this helps!

iPhone 14 pro always on display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.