Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why don't my photos always show up on MacBook Pro Photo Stream

Why don't my photos always show up on MacBook Pro Photo Stream?

Posted on Feb 20, 2023 7:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 6:59 AM

Thanks for your quick response. I was actually inquiring for my husband, and you confirmed everything I had told him. I even had him check that under settings on his phone he was not using High Efficiency, but rather Most Compatible for his Capture Format in the Camera app.

This AM we tried a trick an Apple employee told me a few years ago. In Photos on your Mac, go to settings and uncheck then recheck Photo Stream. This somehow jumpstarts the Photo Stream and almost immediately his hundreds of photos from our recent cruise appeared on the Mac!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 6:59 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for your quick response. I was actually inquiring for my husband, and you confirmed everything I had told him. I even had him check that under settings on his phone he was not using High Efficiency, but rather Most Compatible for his Capture Format in the Camera app.

This AM we tried a trick an Apple employee told me a few years ago. In Photos on your Mac, go to settings and uncheck then recheck Photo Stream. This somehow jumpstarts the Photo Stream and almost immediately his hundreds of photos from our recent cruise appeared on the Mac!

Feb 21, 2023 12:10 AM in response to MBT1949

Are you taking the photos on an iPhone or iPad? My Photo Stream will only upload to iCloud, after you switch away from the Camera and when the device is connected to power or the battery charged and when you are connected to Wi-Fi. And My Photo Stream does not support video or Life Photos. What is the format of the items that are nor appearing in your Photos Stream? JPEGs should be no problem. If My Photo Stream isn't updating – Apple Support (UK)

My Photo Stream has been replaced by iCloud Photos in 2015, when Photos for Mac has been released. If you want to be able to sync all media formats, available on newer iPhone and iPad models, you will get better results with iCloud Photos.

Why don't my photos always show up on MacBook Pro Photo Stream

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.