Related Article: Information about the My Photo Stream shutdown

I opened my Photos on my Mac but I don't see anything that says "My Photo Stream". Where do I find that?

Where do I find "My Photo Stream"? I don't show anything named that in Photos

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 1:38 AM

When did you create your iCloud Apple ID? Only long time users with an Apple ID created some years ago have been able to use My Photo Stream at all. After Apple replaced my Photo Stream by iCloud Photos, the users with a new AppleID and only new devices that can be updated to use iCloud Photos, have not had any access to My Photo Stream during the last five years or so, see: If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

If your AppelID has been created after 2017, My Photo Stream may never have been available to you - this notice has appeared in many Apple Support documents: See e.g. : If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

"If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. Use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud. Learn more about iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream."

So don't worry, if you do not find any Settings to access My Photo Stream.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 1:38 AM in response to carolyn Radtke

When did you create your iCloud Apple ID? Only long time users with an Apple ID created some years ago have been able to use My Photo Stream at all. After Apple replaced my Photo Stream by iCloud Photos, the users with a new AppleID and only new devices that can be updated to use iCloud Photos, have not had any access to My Photo Stream during the last five years or so, see: If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

If your AppelID has been created after 2017, My Photo Stream may never have been available to you - this notice has appeared in many Apple Support documents: See e.g. : If My Photo Stream isn't updating - Apple Support

"If you recently created your Apple ID, My Photo Stream might not be available. Use iCloud Photos to keep your photos and videos in iCloud. Learn more about iCloud Photos and My Photo Stream."

So don't worry, if you do not find any Settings to access My Photo Stream.

Jun 30, 2023 7:33 PM in response to carolyn Radtke

Hello carolyn Radtke,

The My Photo Stream album should be located in the following places:

iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

• iOS 8 or later: Tap Photos > Albums > My Photo Stream.

Mac

Go to Photos > Albums > My Photo Stream.

If you don't see it, you most likely do not have any photos stored within it.

Apple has said "If you already have iCloud Photos enabled on all of your devices, you don't need to do anything else — your photos already sync to iCloud. To check, on your iPhone or iPad, go to Settings > your name > iCloud. On your Mac, choose Apple menu  > System Settings, click your name, then click iCloud. Make sure that it says "On" next to Photos on each of your devices."

Just make sure that setting is toggled on for all of your Apple devices and you will not lose any photos!

I hope this helps!

I opened my Photos on my Mac but I don't see anything that says "My Photo Stream". Where do I find that?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.