Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Browser default settings - no option to choose Google

Hello,

I'm running a MacBook Air with OS Monterey 12.6.3.

I'm trying to change the default browser from Safari to Google but Safari is the only default browser listed within 'General'.

How can I fix this please? Thanks in advance.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 6:22 AM

Safari is the only browser incorporated with macOS. If you want to install an additional browser, find one on the App Store: Download apps from the App Store on your Mac - Apple Support.

I suspect you may be confusing browser with search engine. To change Safari's default search engine, read Change Search settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 21, 2023 6:22 AM in response to KerryVoice

Safari is the only browser incorporated with macOS. If you want to install an additional browser, find one on the App Store: Download apps from the App Store on your Mac - Apple Support.

I suspect you may be confusing browser with search engine. To change Safari's default search engine, read Change Search settings in Safari on Mac - Apple Support.

Browser default settings - no option to choose Google

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.