Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HP Envy Photo 7100 - os Monterey

OS Monterey 12.6.3 stopped communicating with my HP Envy Photo 7100 printer...how do I fix this?

MacBook Air (M2)

Posted on Feb 21, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2023 10:23 AM

Hi,

The HP Envy Photo 7100 is a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

This means that it is compatible with macOS Monterey, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

To begin with, you may want to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also, it may not be a bad idea to try a power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router): Power off the router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

A USB printer connection would require drivers. Generally speaking, be careful if you need drivers from the Internet. Download from an official web site of the printer manufacturer only, or from another trustworthy source (such as Apple).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2023 10:23 AM in response to ann nora

Hi,

The HP Envy Photo 7100 is a model supporting the driverless AirPrint technology.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

This means that it is compatible with macOS Monterey, and can be used without additional drivers, provided that the printer and the Mac are connected to the same network (Wi-Fi router).

To begin with, you may want to reset the printing system and re-add the printer.

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Also, it may not be a bad idea to try a power-cycle sequence (do not forget the router): Power off the router, the printer, the Mac, and all other devices/computers. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the router. Wait two to three minutes. Power on the printer. Wait a minute or two. Power on the Mac. Finally, power on all other devices/computers.

A USB printer connection would require drivers. Generally speaking, be careful if you need drivers from the Internet. Download from an official web site of the printer manufacturer only, or from another trustworthy source (such as Apple).

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-envy-photo-7100-all-in-one-printer-series/9073119

Feb 21, 2023 2:42 PM in response to kaz-k

Thank you....but this did not work as after I chose my printer...it "gathers info" and does not find it. I get the Message: Unable to communicate with the device.

I've tried everything between HP and Apple with no success. This just happened yesterday. I have no idea why.

I have a PC guy but he is currently unavailable...I'm hoping he can help.

If you can think of anything else in the meantime, I would greatly appreciated it and try anything.

Ann Nora

HP Envy Photo 7100 - os Monterey

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.